Sunday, April 28, 2013

"Mine to Avenge" Book Review

Mine to Avenge is not the kind of book I would have picked up off the shelf, simply because fantasy is more my style, not mystery and suspense. But I won a free copy of the e-book off of author Kerry Letheby’s fan page on Facebook, and I’m so glad I did.

This book picks you up and sweeps you along with its story right away. The first chapter almost made me cry, and the rest of the book continued to reach into my emotional center and grab my heartstrings, refusing to let go.

The family of characters was engaging and dynamic. The generational aspect of the story gave me a perspective into the lives of the characters that brought me close to them, and brought them close to my heart.

The familiarity the author had with the places in the book was obvious. I felt like I was walking through the streets of Australia’s cities, and experiencing the familiar sights and sounds of my own hometown, not a locale that was continents away.

I really enjoyed this book, and would recommend it to any adult or older teen reader, regardless of whether or not they are normally interested in mystery or suspense.


Check out Kerry’s fan page on Facebook and give her a like:

Also, here’s the link for the Kindle e-book if anybody is interested:

2 comments: